Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Graduate School

Today in 100W a professor came in to talk to use about their political science phd program. This couldn't have come at a better time because I am trying to decide what to do after I graduate. I might be graduating this spring, if I can manage the workload, which was sooner then I had expected to be done with my undergraduate studies. For so long I was so sure that I was going to go to law school, but now I am undecided. Law school is very expensive and since I am not sure exactly what I want to do with it, I am just not sure if that is the right thing for me right now. I am leaning more towards a masters program. One major issue with this is that there isn't any programs that I want to do that are local. I am thinking of getting a masters in dispute resolution. I feel that it is a broad enough subject that it will open many doors as far as jobs. There are some really good programs in Los Angeles that I am interested in, but I just don't think it is a reality for me to move there anytime soon. I have looked into doing the programs online, and some seem pretty good. I am just not sure if learning online is going to give me the education I want. Right now it just seems better to not graduate this Spring and wait until the Fall to give myself more time to decide what I want to do. Hopefully it will all come into place soon.

Apocrypha:Various religious writings of uncertain origin regarded by some as inspired, but rejected by most authorities.

Fortuitous: Happening by accident or chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment