Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where to go

I have been in college for four years now and as graduation is coming closer I am thinking more about what I want to do after I graduate. I had always thought that my next step would be law school, but this decision is no longer coming as easily to me now. In each law related class I have taken I haven't been interested in the course subject and I have struggled through it without having a good understanding. With the cost of law school and the time commitment I am wondering if this is the right path for me. This of course brings me to the realization what else can I do with a political science degree? I didn't really look into what my career options are with a bachelors in political science because I was so sure that law school was my path. This leaves me with some anxiety because not knowing my plans brings a great amount of uncertainty. Other people I have talked to who have graduated with the same degree have all gone into different fields such as elementary teaching or business. Both good careers, but not what I have been interested/planned to do. I still have about another year to hopefully get more advice in what I can do, but for now I will keep on pondering.

Woolgathering: Indulgence in idle daydreaming
Celadon: A pale green color

No comments:

Post a Comment